[OM] 300/4.5

Subject: [OM] 300/4.5
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:28:39 -0800 (PST)
===================
We went through this before.  The Zuiko 300/4.5 does not have ED glass.
Please see FAQ page at: http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/
at section L2.
===================

It may or may not.  I've discussed this with folks at Olympus USA tech
support and at different times have been told conflicting information
about whether the 300/4.5 used any low dispersion elements.

One thing about Olympus is that they mostly only identify a lens by
its focal length and max. aperture.  There could be many versions of
a lens, and it can be difficult to tell them apart.  About the only
indicators are chrome vs. black front, marked X.Zuiko, Zuiko MC or Zuiko,
and visual inspection of the coating.  on the other hand, with a nikkor
it usually is clear what you have when you have some instance of a lens.
this is the most annoying thing about purchasing used Zuiko lenses.

Joseph