Re: [OM] OM-1/2 VSOE ?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1/2 VSOE ?
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:13:16 +0100
John Hermanson wrote:

> Here's a new one.  The European version of (some) 4Tis are marked "CE".
> Surprise, these models have no pots for adjusting shutter speeds, meter
> position or auto exposure.
>
> John

I have one of those. The CE label is supposed to certify that the
camera (or whatever) will not cause electromagnetic disturbances.
It has to pass an approval procedure to get the tag. AFAIK, it is
illegal to sell new electrical appliances in Denmark (an possibly
the entire EU) that can not pass the CE test.

I had not expected the CE approved 4Ti to be different from other
4Ti versions. This could be good news. First, getting rid of the
pots ought to raise the reliability to even higher standards.
Second, I doubt Olympus would bother to revise the electronics for
the OM4Ti unless they expect to make them for some time yet.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://home.worldonline.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"