RE: [OM] OM-1/2 VSOE ?

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-1/2 VSOE ?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:44:47 -0500 (EST)
> > Here's a new one.  The European version of (some) 4Tis are marked "CE".
>
> Hmmm, CE for "Central European" ?!?
>
> Where can one find these letters, are they printed on the bottomplate?

My 4Ti which was purchased new 3 years ago has one of these little "CE"
stickers stuck on the bottom plate of the camera.  I always wondered
what it meant, I've never seen it on any other camera before.  My 3Ti
which was also purchased new at about the same time doesn't have the
sticker.  Both of the camera were purchased in Canada and imported by
Carsen, the official Olympus distributor.

> > Surprise, these models have no pots for adjusting shutter speeds, meter
> > position or auto exposure.

Is there any way to easily tell if the pots are there short of taking
the covers off?
                                -mark