Re: [OM] T20 guide table <oops, 'calculator panel'>

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 guide table <oops, 'calculator panel'>
From: dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:16:22 +1100 (EST)
> Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:12:37 +0100
> From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] T20 guide table
>
> : I got a T20 about a month ago in mint
condition for an absolute bargain
> : price (A&25) - and lost the guide table off
the back the very next
> : day:-(

> The guide table? Don't you mean the Calculator
Panel?

So sorry to get the terminology wrong <g>

 These are still available
> from Olympus, both in meters and in feet. If
yours spontaneously came loose I
> guess its condition wasn't mint after all.

Was so!<g> The panel clicked in nice and
positively, and was pushed out smoothly by the
little spring when the release button was pushed
in. I'm assuming the release button got bumped
either on one of the other lenses in my bag, or
when I put the flash in my pocket - I was
switching between flash and available light at a
wedding reception. I didn't notice it missing
until a few days later...it was a BIG reception,
12 course chinese banquet with liberal alcohol,
and I was a guest, not the official
photographer;-)

  You
don't want to draw a table to
> replace it, btw, since its function is not only
that of a Calculator Panel but
> also that of a switch.

I only had the thing for a day, but I think you're
wrong on that. While the panel does _mechanically_
interface with the switch (pushing it to auto when
the panel was reversed to show the "full automatic
operation on OM2" side"), the switch mechanism is
built into the body. While you need the panel to
tell you what position the switch is in (left is
auto IIRC), it should still work without the
panel. Finally, as I've only got an OM1, it's a
moot point until I get an auto-capable body...are
you offering to donate your 4ti? <g>
Dylan