Re: [OM] the future of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] the future of OM
From: "earthlink" <catsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 09:40:30 -0800
John,
Digital media has been primarily magnetic based, but is switching to
polycarbonite plastic for long term storage(CD-ROM). As long as these discs
are kept at reasonable temperatures, in other words you don't melt them, I
believe that they will last for hundreds of years, if not milleniums.
Considering the prophets that say the earth is going to be burned up by
massive solar ejecta soon, you and the discs will need to be underground for
a while to survive. Start your mushroom farm early and get ahead of the
crowd.

Catmaster