Re: [OM] T20 guide table <oops,

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 guide table <oops,
From: dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 19:33:07 +1100 (EST)
Hans,
After telling me I'm wrong _twice_, then eating
your words, you really ought to reconsider giving
me that 4Ti...what do the rest of you guys
think?<g>
Thanks for posting the table, and thanks Chris for
offering to copy it down for me. I guess I'd
better download the manual too. I was out
christmas shopping and just checked on another
T20, and found that manual is actually the right
hand switch position. When I got home I checked on
mine, and found that I don't get a full
discharge in Auto on the OM1...I wonder if this is
normal?

Dylan

Found myself a christmas present too, some mint
(really) oly auto extension tubes (7 & 14, no
25:-() - not a bargain at A$150, but these don't
come up very often here. The boxes were very
battered, but the goods themselves looked as if
they had never been mounted to a body.
For any Aussies, other stuff in the window (Lemon
Grove cameras, Chatswood NSW):
Zuiko 35-70 f3.6 $199
Tokina ATX 35-80 F3.5-4.5 $210
Kiron 28-210 f4 macro $190
Tokina 70-210 f4 SD $170
The guy was happy to negotiate, he originally
wanted $195 for the extension tubes.

----
> Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:38:37 +0100
> From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] T20 guide table <oops,
'calculator panel'>

> : I only had the thing for a day, but I think
you're
> : wrong on that.
>
> Ooooooh no I'm not.
>
> : While the panel does _mechanically_
> : interface with the switch (pushing it to auto
when
> : the panel was reversed to show the "full
automatic
> : operation on OM2" side"), the switch mechanism
is
> : built into the body. While you need the panel
> : tell you what position the switch is in (left
is
> : auto IIRC), it should still work without the
> : panel.
>
> It does, but only in Manual, or if you put it on
an TTL/OTF compatible body, in
> OTF mode.
> If you do have the panel, you can operate the
switch and set the flash to Normal
> Auto Mode (computer flash) with two Auto working
apertures. This works on any
> camera.
>
> : Finally, as I've only got an OM1, it's a
> : moot point until I get an auto-capable
body...are
> : you offering to donate your 4ti? <g>
>
> Let me think about it. Hmmmmmmmm. No.
>

> H@nz
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:26:48 +0100
> From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] T20 guide table <oops,
'calculator panel'>

> I wrote:
>
> : If you do have the panel, you can operate the
switch and set the flash to Normal
> : Auto Mode (computer flash) with two Auto
working apertures. This works on any
> : camera.
>
> Ooops my mistake - you're right. You can still
operate the switch w/o the panel. I
> thought the slider was part of the panel but it
isn't. Only problem w/o the panel
> is you can't read the working distances and
Normal Auto working apertures: