Re: [OM] showing age, was: the future of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] showing age, was: the future of OM
From: Daryl F Hurley <dhurley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 17:37:39 -0600
In the early 60's my Grandfather, the car salesman in the family (better
than a horse thief?!) had a new Plymouth Fury for a demo that had a 45
turntable in dash.  I recall he mentioned they had tried turntables
earlier, but dumped them due to inabliity to keep the needle on the
platter when on the road.
Daryl Hurley

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999 16:30:57 -0500 "Craig H" <craigh@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Mike -- Really???  I have to admit to a pretty skeptical view of the
> possibility of a 78 player at the time you mention.........but 45's
were all the rage, and I wouldn't have been too suprised at a 45 player,
tho I've never seen