Re: [OM] OM vs. Contax G2 vs. Leica M

Subject: Re: [OM] OM vs. Contax G2 vs. Leica M
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:12:39 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Denton Taylor wrote:

> At 12:47 PM 12/17/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >======================
> >I doubt if the Contax 90 can outperform the current 90mm
> >APO-M, even wide open at 2.0!

   The above assumption (It wasn't Denton) is wrong, as per the
new Poop Photo tests of the Leitz APO-M 90/2 shows.
 The testers concluded that the new version is the best 90 they've
tested. Yet, the 90/2.8 Zeiss is not very far behind, and in some ways,
superior. Add to that the $660 vs. $2200 price tag and the
6 to 17 oz weight disparity, and the Zeiss looks better than ever.
             Both are superb lenses, IMO.

                                     *= Doris Fang =*
 4.4 shopping daze left...