Re: [OM] The eagles have landed...

Subject: Re: [OM] The eagles have landed...
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:31:07 -0600
Ken Norton wrote:

> The majority of the eagles at Red Rock were males.  I did see a few
> females, bit interestingly enough, 750f them were male.  I went up and
> down the river a kilometer or two and didn't do a headcount but would
> estimate that there were over 100 eagles this morning.

Ken

As a committed birder I'm envious.  In my part of Louisiana one or two
eagles gets us out to see, much less a hundred.  By the way adult male
and female eagles have identical plumage.  What you were seeing were
adults and juveniles Bald eagles.  It is possible some of the darker
birds were Golden eagles.  I'd recommend Peterson's Field guides to the
birds and the National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North
America.  Be carful birding can be catching and you'll start
accumulating binoculars and spotting scopes to go with your Oly gear.

Jerry Liles