Re: [OM] Sunpack433 D / Vivitar 283 Qs

Subject: Re: [OM] Sunpack433 D / Vivitar 283 Qs
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:24:44 -0600
At 02:39 PM 12/21/1999 EST, Roger Skully wrote:
>I would, if I
>were you, while using TTL, set my meter to overexpose by one stop. This will
>insure that you get good negatives with sufficient detail regardless of the
>reflectance values of the scenes you are shooting

snip

Roger,
Are you sure you want to recommend over-exposure?  I find that just the
opposite compensation works with my 433D and OM-2S. I almost always shoot
people in a room at -2/3 stop on the exp comp dial, otherwise the people
are nearly vaporized while the flash tries to brighten up the room behind.
The only time I've found it be useful to do a +1 stop compensation is in
taking pictures of my kids in the bathtub.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA