Re: [OM] To code the reality

Subject: Re: [OM] To code the reality
From: k.berry@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 22:02:43 +0000
Angel,
For future reference here is an Acronym List as posted to the
Filmscanners Digest recently.
Anybody want to add any?

Regards,
Keith Berry

AFAIC           As Far As I'm Concerned
AFAIK           As Far As I Know
AISI            As I See It
ANFAWFOS        And Now For A Word Word From Our Sponsor
ANFAWFOWS       And Now For A Word Word From Our WEB Sponsor
AOL             Assholes On Line
ASAP            As Soon As Possible
ASAFP           As Soon As Friggin Possible
AWGTHTGTTA      Are We Going To Have To Go Through This Again
AWGTHTGTTSA     Are We Going To Have To Go Through This Shit Again
B4              Before
BCNU            Be Seeing You
BK              Bo Knows
BNF             Big Name Fan
BOT             Back On Topic
BTSOOM          Beats The Shit Out Of Me
BT              Byte This!
BTW             By The Way
BTWBO           Be There With Bells On
CIAO            Goodbye (Italyin Itlin Itlen Italian) :-)
CIS             CompuServe Information Service
CMF             Count My Fingers!
CTC             Choking The Chicken
CUL             Catch You Later/See You Later
CUL8R           See You Later
CWYL            Chat With You Later
DBEYR           Don't Believe Everything You Read
DDD             Direct Distance Dial
DHYB            Don't Hold Your Breath
DILLIGAD        Do I Look Like I Give A Damn
DQYDJ           Don't Quit Your Day Job
DYSTSOTT        Did You See The Size Of That Thing
FE              Fatal Error
FTASB           Faster Than A Speeding Bullet
FTL             Faster Than Light
FWIW            For What It's Worth
FYI             For Your Information
FYM             For Your Misinformation
GE              GEnie Information Service
GIGO            Garbage In, Garbage Out
GIWIST          Gee, I Wish I'd Said That
GR&D            Grinning Running & Ducking
HAK             Hugs And Kisses
HUYA            Head Up Your A$$
HHOK            Ha Ha, Only Kidding
HHO1/2K         Ha Ha, Only Half Kidding
HIOOC           Help! I'm Out Of Coffee!
HTH             Hope This Helps
HUA             Heads Up, Ace
IAC             In Any Case
IAE             In Any Event
IANAL           I Am Not A Lawyer
IANAC           I Am Not A Crook
IAO             I Am Outtahere
IBCNU           I'll Be Seeing You
IBTD            I Beg To Differ
IFABCTE         I Found A Bug, Call The Exterminator
IIRC            If I Remember Correctly
IITYWTMWYKM     If I Tell You What This Means Will You Kiss Me
IITYWTMWYBMAD   If I Tell You What This Means Will You Buy Me A Drink
IITYWTMWYLMA    If I Tell You What This Means Will You Leave Me Alone
IIWM            If It Were Me
ILSHIBAMF       I Laughed So Hard I Broke All My Furniture
ILSHIBMS        I Laughed So Hard I Broke My Stitches
IMCO            In My Considered Opinion
IMHO            In My Humble Opinion
IMNSHO          In My Not So Humble Opinion
IMO             In My Opinion
INPO            In No Particular Order
IOW             In Other Words
ISP             Internet Service Provider
KISS            Keep It Simple Stupid
L8R             Later
LD              Long Distance
LDTTWA          Let's Do The Time Warp Again
LLTA            Lots And Lots Of Thunderous Applause
LOL             Laughing Out Loud
LSHHTCMS        Laughed So Hard, Had To Change My Shorts
LTIP            Laughing Till I Puke
MTFBWY          May The Force Be With You
NRN             No Reply Necessary
NYCFS           New York City Finger Salute
OAUS            On An Unrelated Subject
OATUS           On A Totally Unrelated Subject
OATIS           On A Totally Irrelevant Subject
OBTW            Oh By The Way
OI              Operator Indisposed
OMIK            Open Mouth, Insert Keyboard
ONNA            Oh No, Not Again
ONNTA           Oh No Not This Again
OOTC            Obligatory On Topic Comment
OTOH            On The Other Hand
OTOOH           On The Other Other Hand
OTSH            On The Same Hand
OWTTE           Or Words To That Effect
OZ              Australia
PITA            Pain In The A$$
PMF             Pull My Finger
RBTL            Read Between The Lines
RML             Read My Lips
RMM             Read My Mail
ROTFL           Rolling On The Floor Laughing
ROTHLMAO        Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
ROTM            Right On The Money
RSN             Real Soon Now
RTFM            Read The F. Manual (or Message)
SH              Shit Happens
SH2M            Shit Happens To Me
SITD            Still In The Dark
SOI             Sit On It
SOL             Shit Outta Luck
STM             Spank The Monkey
SysOp           System Operator
SYP             Send Your Password
TAFL            Take A Flying Leap
TANSTAAFL       There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
TDTM            Talk Dirty To Me
TFASB           Time For A Sex Break
TFN             Thanks For Nothin'
TIA             Thanks In Advance
TIC             Tongue In Cheek
TISEC           Tongue In Someone Else's Cheek
TLA             Three Letter Acronym (such as this)
TM              Trust Me
TSR             Terminate and Stay Resident
TSR             Totally Stuck in RAM
TTT             That's The Ticket
TWHAB           This Won't Hurt A Bit
VI              Village Idiot
WDIPME          Where Did I Put My Excedrin
WEB             World Wide Wait
WGAFS           Who Gives A Flying Squat
WIT             Wordsmith In Training
WMG             Where's My Glasses
WTHDTIM         What The Hell Do These Initials Mean
WTSDS           Where The Sun Don't Shine
WYSIWYG         What You See Is What You Get
WYSIUWYW        What You See Isn't Usually What You Want
YGBK            You Gotta Be Kiddin'