[OM] 24mm Shift lens

Subject: [OM] 24mm Shift lens
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:55:02 -0800
Other than very tall buildings, cathedral (very high ceilings)
interiors, and just looking cool a shift lens works well win shooting
reflective items such as cars when you don't want to see your reflection
in the image.  However since early 1993 when I first started using
Photoshop the first thing I started doing was correcting perspective of
some tall building shots.  Also it is easy to remove your reflection
from the shinny car. A few years ago I was sent a software product
called Quickstith from Enroute.  It allows you to shoot buildings with a
more standard lens (many shots) and stich them together to form one
decent looking image. (There Quickstich360 was not as good a product
(IMHO) in my humble opinion.) So if you have the bucks to buy that lens
go ahead, although I think the money could be put to better use on a
good scanner.  If you are into high end architecture, a view camera just
is the best way to go (IMHO) and with the high cost of those lenses you
may be able to score a decent used view camera for not much more money.

Phillip Franklin