Re:[OM] To code the reality

Subject: Re:[OM] To code the reality
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:56:16 -0800

George S. wrote:
>Also- take no offense from this, please,- but we are conversing in English,
>and the majority, I assume, of English speaking Internet users are from the
>US, so it would follow that the idioms of the majority's language would find
>their way into "normal" usage.

Ángel
        I have to agree with George S., I think many of these TLA's (Three
Letter Acronyms) are pretty much universally used around the Web.  This
is likely due to the fact that most of us are basically lazy.  Besides
communicating by written word is not what we (my generation, a bit older
than Siddiq I think) has grown up with.  Secondly as an engineer my work
life is is heavily dependent on these abbreviations as a major time
saver.  I'm sorry this may put non native "American" speakers at a
disadvantage.

--
Mike Butler
Chief Mechanic / Engineer