Re: [OM] way OT : the future of turntables

Subject: Re: [OM] way OT : the future of turntables
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:05:46 EST
>Any fans of Linn Sondek turntables on this list?
>RK

Sure. Over priced but good.

I have a Merrill-modified AR turntable with the lucite subframe,
precision ball bearing spindle, an original SME tonearm and a Grado
cartridge. I also have a Audioquest sorbethane mat and custom tube
preamp electronics that I designed and wrote an article about in Glass
Audio several years ago. The custom electronics required a rewiring of
the turntable for a balanced line connection between the cartridge and
the stepup transformer in the preamp.

I used to have a bunch of tube hifi gear but sold it off this past
year. I bought a new SS Musical Fidelity A100 integrated amp and an
older Kenwood LO7T FM tuner (an awesome and rare tuner!). I also
installed a roof top antenna. I discovered stations that I didn't even
know existed....

I also have a TEAC 4300SX open reel tape deck and about 100+ pre-
recorded tapes, mostly classical. Anyone interested in these tapes
please contact me off list. A dollar each plus shipping. All in good
condition. I'm in the mid-atlantic area of the USA.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright