Re: [OM] Re: Nikon Dave is back

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Nikon Dave is back
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:06:30 -0700
At 05:55 PM 12/22/99 -0600, you wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>Nikon Dave is back.  I thought he was suspended from ebay.  It's a F---ing
>joke.  The guy has a plethora of Xeroxed copies of manuals on ebay for sale.
>I guess it's OK to do it.  So, if you have anything you want to copy, just
>copy it and sell it on ebay...

Interesting you should ask.  As a test, I put in a $5.00 U.S. bid on a Winder 2
manual he is selling (which sounded like a photocopy), and was told that I
hadn't even met the reserve price.  If I'm the only bidder (I suspect I might
be), I wonder whether he'll contact me after the auction ends and try and "talk
me up"?  Doesn't matter -- I can refuse with impunity and still be within the
legalities of eBay's system.

Garth