[OM] Christmas Zuiko goodies!

Subject: [OM] Christmas Zuiko goodies!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:37:59 -0700
Ah, *bliss*.

Ordered a new Zuiko 50mm F/1.2 lens a while ago from B&H, and it arrived a few
days ago, along with a Beattie Intenscreen and an Olympus Grip attachment that
screws into the side of an OM-2s, OM-3/3Ti, OM-4/4Ti.

Man, is this combination bright!  We got a clear night here tonight (the 22nd)
so the moon is really bright too.  I feel like I could do daylight work outside
right now with this lens and screen.

However, the first photos were actually taken using XP2, of another new
Christmas acquisition -- a seven-week-old, 1.0 kg, female Shih-Tzu puppy named
(what else?) "Gadget."  If'n I get any good ones (she's shy at the moment),
I'll post 'em on the Oly Gallery.

One thing I think I'd like to try is a head-to-head-to-head-to-head comparison
of all three 50s: the 1.2, 1.4 and 1.8 (SC and MC).  Since I have an example of
each of these four, I'm tempted to try some more exhaustive (and exhausting!)
tests using my pro buddy's studio setup.  Now if only I had an appropriate test
target...  Any suggestions, anyone?

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
  than a good day doing just about
  anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

    http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/