Re: [OM] Getting out

Subject: Re: [OM] Getting out
From: Mike Stoesz <mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:27:57 -0700

Ken Norton wrote:

> Just before sunset tonight I drove just north of town to an old farmstead
> that I spotted earlier in the day.  I've been photographing old houses and
> barns for a year or two now and had instantly recognized a place worth
> spending a couple rolls of film on. .....................

Welcome to the old barn club.  I just love to spend hours at old homesteads
too, and they abound out here. Many over 100 years old are still well preserved
in the dry climate.  They age beautifully too. No one bothers to remove them,
ranches are consolidated and since the only crop is grass in the irrigated
areas and the rest is grazing land (100 acres/ cow).

An old ranch/barn photo tour could probably be arranged sometime for those
interested.

Happy Holidays, Mike