[OM] OM-4, Moon, Impressed!

Subject: [OM] OM-4, Moon, Impressed!
From: "David L. Duff" <duffdl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 12:04:39 -0800
Hello Zuik's,
  I just got finnished souping my pic's of the full moon that wasn't
(whichever authority you want to believe). I've been a happy user of
OM's since 1977, and OM-3's and OM-4's since 1993, but I've never
tackled the moon before. I had recently acquired a 500mm (non-cat,
non-OM) lens and noticed yesterday when I trained it upon the moon, that
the moon filled the circle of the split-image of my 1-3 screen.
  I fired off a few shots using the self-timer and the sunny 16 rule
(and bracketed of course) on Kodak Technical Pan (at ISO25). Then I
thought, what about this beatiful, expose everything perfectly, light
meter in this thing. So I center it up, hit the spot meter button, then
hit the highlight button and shoot again. I got the best exposed shots
of the session (IMHO). I'm impressed!
  Un-fortunately, right after doing this, I was bitten by the "Longer OM
Glass Bug". Is there no hope?
  Merry Christmas to all, and to all some good Light. David Duff, OR,
USA