Re: [OM] Stolen photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Stolen photos
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 14:48:53 EST
I think (I hope) the eBay ad for the submarine is someone's elaborate joke.
I believe it 's a joke for several reasons.
They lead one to believe that the armaments are not only still there, but
available to the "qualified" winner of the auction. I VERY much doubt this is
even remotely possible, but why can't eBay shut them down for this, after
all, they have eliminated gun auctions, haven't they?
Also- I can't see a museum bidding $475,000 for a sub that isn't one of the
better known types, hence, wouldn't there be little interest? Most museums
are not cash cows, they usually have items donated, AFAIK.
Another point- about the only people who may be interested in such a relic
for that price would be a terrorist organization. ( assuming- and it's a
stretch- that the sub could be made to run under it's own power )  One could
only imagine those possibilities.

Regards,
George S.