Re: [OM] Stolen photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Stolen photos
From: "Tom Trottier" <tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:51:58 -0500
There's 2 subs for sail on eBay. It's a good place for publicity,
even if no sale.

Tom

On 26 Dec 99, at 14:48, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx spoke about
*Re: [OM] Stolen photos..* saying

> I think (I hope) the eBay ad for the submarine is someone's
> elaborate joke. I believe it 's a joke for several reasons. They
> lead one to believe that the armaments are not only still there,
> but available to the "qualified" winner of the auction. I VERY
> much doubt this is even remotely possible, but why can't eBay shut
> them down for this, after all, they have eliminated gun auctions,
> haven't they? Also- I can't see a museum bidding $475,000 for a
> sub that isn't one of the better known types, hence, wouldn't
> there be little interest? Most museums are not cash cows, they
> usually have items donated, AFAIK. Another point- about the only
> people who may be interested in such a relic for that price would
> be a terrorist organization. ( assuming- and it's a stretch- that
> the sub could be made to run under it's own power )  One could
> only imagine those possibilities.
>
> Regards,
> George S.
And a happy New Year to you and yours.
From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
    __o    <Tom@xxxxxx> <TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx>       ICQ:57647974
  _ \<     Voice: +1 613 291-1168  fax: 594-5412      No ads, please
(*)/'(*)   Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
           http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera