Re: [OM] Moon shots blown

Subject: Re: [OM] Moon shots blown
From: "Tom Trottier" <tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 15:27:23 -0500
Hi Dave

On 27 Dec 99, at 9:12, Dave Bulger spoke about
*[OM] Moon shots blown..* saying

> Zuiks,
>
> Arrrgh!
>
> In my many years of using film to produce mediocre images of mediocre
> subjects, I've developed two rules regarding film handling:
> 1) Always keep film in the "grab shot" camera (Trip 35)
> 2) Never keep film in the "serious" cameras (OMs)
>
> Being too lazy and non-dextrous enough to actually use the
> film-box-top-holder thing on the camera back, I try to identify
> the subject, load the film I want to shoot, shoot, rewind & unload
> the film, label the canister, process, view, cuss at the shots I
> _almost_ got, etc. While I'll occasionally waste some frames on a
> roll, I'll tend to bracket, shoot from a different viewpoint, etc.
> until I've used the entire roll. I've found that if I leave film
> in the camera, it will a) be perfectly unsuited for the next
> subject I want to shoot, and b) be horribly exposed by daylight
> when I pop the back open without rewinding to load the film I DO
> want to shoot.
>
> Well, I broke rule #2 and paid for it by getting consequence b).

You're not alone. I've done the same. I have found out that only a
few shots are usually lost - the anti-halation backing protects
frames a layer or two in. If print film, get them developed in a
store that gives you credit if shots don't turn out.

Tom

And a happy New Year to you and yours.
From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
    __o    <Tom@xxxxxx> <TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx>       ICQ:57647974
  _ \<     Voice: +1 613 291-1168  fax: 594-5412      No ads, please
(*)/'(*)   Vote for your favourite Olympus camera at
           http://www.freevote.com/booth/fav_camera