Re: [OM] Moon shots blown

Subject: Re: [OM] Moon shots blown
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:54:31 -0500
At the tender age of 10, my Dad taught me how to shoot a rifle.  That day I
learned there is no such thing as an empty gun.  Ever.  Even when you check
it, treat it as if it were loaded.  I find that snippit of wisdom applies to
cameras also.  Having suffered consequence b) one time too many, I treat
every camera as a loaded one.  Now, if I haven't picked up a particular body
in a while, I gently twist the rewind knob, feeling for the tension of the
film.  If it turns freely, it needs reloading. I have discovered spent
magazines inside, sometimes none at all, but it still needed reloading

Now, this is not without risks of its own.  Tis with great chargin I must
admit to having "exposed" many a frame with a camera that required REloading
<G>.

One tip I picked up from a local pro is to leave the rewind knob in the up
(extended) position after removing the magazine.  This is a clear indication
the camera *should* require reloading before use.  But even this is not a
guarantee, only an indication.  There is no such thing as an empty
camera.......