Re: [OM] 70-210?

Subject: Re: [OM] 70-210?
From: Jim Mueller <webnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:41:08 -0600
I'm not an expert and there certainly are more knowledgable people on this list,
so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I recently picked up a used Olympus Zuiko 65-200 f4. This is really a nice sharp
multicoated zoom. It's a solid, all-aluminum body one touch zoom. The zoom does
not creep at all and it has a close focus, 1:3, capability. On this one, you
pull the zoom towards you for 200mm and away to zoom down to 65mm. It takes 55mm
filters.

The lens does rotate when you focus. This may be a negative for some
photographers.

I like mine a bunch. I paid $170 for it in Ex+ condition. I've seen them range
in price from $170- $300 in that condition.

good luck

jim mueller

George Bernabe wrote:

> I currently have an OM2000 but the new 70-210mm feels flimsy.  I really find
> this range of zoom useful and was wondering what you all recommend in terms
> of aftermarket or used lenses.  Thanks.
>
> George

jim mueller
MP3 Home Studio Tech Support