Re: [OM] HELP! bad flare on OM2 pict.

Subject: Re: [OM] HELP! bad flare on OM2 pict.
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 22:10:21 -0500
At 06:05 PM 12/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
Now, I believe it is a bad case of light leak but I am not sure. I would
like to know if any of you had experienced the same.
Is this coming from the camera or the lens? Is it a big problem to fix
(would that be expensive)?

She has 2 lenses a Zuiko 50mm 1.8 and a Vivitar Series1 70-210 zoom (I
don't remember the exact mm of that lens). She could not tell me if this
problem was happening with both lenses.

Well that would be the first step to see if the problem is camera or body...

on a tripod try shooting with the 70-210 at 70, and the 50 as is... if it appears in both it must be the body...

Are you sure she is closing the back correctly and that the light seals are fine?

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at