Re: [OM] 70-210?

Subject: Re: [OM] 70-210?
From: "earthlink" <catsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:21:41 -0800
Hi Ron,
I use a 70-210 f3.5 Tamron SP for most everything I do. I have compared
pictures taken with it and pictures I have taken with my zuiko 85 f2, and I
can't tell any difference in quality. I really love the way this lens works,
but it is awfully heavy. Before I got this one, I had a Tamron 70-210 f4
that is lighter in weight. It is not the quality the SP glass is, but you
can get probably get one for $50 if you watch for one. The best picture I've
ever taken was with this lens.
I had a vivitar series 1 70-210 that was about a $500 lens new, and I did
not like it at all, and was really happy to get rid of it. The tamron works
much better, and it has a real close focus to it, which the vivitar does
not. There maybe an argument by some that the tamron is an inferior lens
compared to some others, but not in my most humble opinion.