Re: [OM] Pen-EE information

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen-EE information
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:41:31 -0000
Hello John
I'll repeat my posting of about a week ago -

When I opened up the current issue of the Olympus Club magazine there was a
leaflet by a Mr John Foster (Biofos Publications) asking for help from
collectors of Olympus viewfinder Pens - presumably all models except the Pen
F/FT/FV. He is researching data as part of a forthcoming book on them. He
asks that you examine your models, accurately identify them, note the serial
number (within 50 if you don't want to give it exactly), and date it using
the coded digits found either under the accessory shoe or on the reverse of
the film pressure plate.
It's a useful project IMO and if you'd like to help he has a website -
www.biofos.cjb.net  - go to "Help" - and his email address is
biofos@xxxxxxxxxxx

Presumably he'll be able to tell you its year of manufacture.

Regards and Happy Pseudo-Millennium to all,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry

John Lum wrote:

    Hi and Happy New Year

    I just purchased a used Pen-EE and Im wondering what its manufacturing date
is. On the front of the camera the inscription is just OLYMPUS, not OLYMPUS-PEN
as Ive commonly seen. The serial number is # 32XXXX. Any info would be great.

    John