Re: [OM] 21mm filters / lens hood

Subject: Re: [OM] 21mm filters / lens hood
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 22:47:12 EST

> 1) Anyone have a spare 21/3.5 lens hood?
>
>  2) Can you use normal filters without vignetting, or does this lens
>  require a thinline filter?
>
>  BBB
>  -
I've been looking for one for about 3 years (the same amount of time I've had
my 21/3.5) and haven't been successful.  If you're lucky, its the same one
that fits the 35/2.8 shift. One sold on eBay recently for $22 or so (yikes).
 I think I'll convert an old tuna tin into a shade.

Normal filters don't vignette, at least with a slide mount to obscure a part
of the slide. You do need a thin polarizer to avoid vignetting however.  Hoya
doesn't seem to offer it's thin ring stuff in 49mm size.  I use an old Pentax
49mm polarizer that has flower petal handles to turn the filter and has no
threads to mount other filters.

Warren