Re: [OM] Olympus Pen FT

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Pen FT
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 08:01:13 -0800 (PST)
  Hi Rhonda; you are most likely to get about 30
jump in first. You connot adapt Pen lenses to an OM
mount because the distance from the surface of the
mount of the OM to the film is 46mm. The Pen FT
distance is much shorter so any adapter devised would
not let the lens focus to inifity, the combo would
only work close up. I suppose there might be some way
to use lenses in such an adapter to extend the back
focus but this would act as a tele-extender and the
loss of quality would be noticable even in 4x6 prints.
The Pen series has become somewhat of a collector
item. You may be able to sell them and buy into the OM
system. If you decide to sell your Pen system the
amount you get will vary greatly based on condition.
Other list members are more qualified to aid you in
getting the best price if that is the way you decide
to go.