Re: [OM] We survived!

Subject: Re: [OM] We survived!
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 11:00:05 -0800
Dirk;

Congrats on surviving.  Saw a bit of that on the tube. Looked like a
beautiful celebration, Wash. Mon. fireworks and all.  Perhaps you got
some ADITL3 candidates?

According to the tube, the Wash celeb was tame and short compared with
Times Square, where revelers were still partying at 2AM, long after the
Wash Mall had pretty much emptied.

And, so much for all the Y2K scares, huh?  I'm actually surprised that
there weren't some hitches as the problem was real. Kudos to those who
worked long and hard (and got paid well!) to find and fix the problems.
I guess the real test will come when we all get our bank and 401K
statements in January! :>)

If you had had an OM-2000 along, you would have been cursing it same as
the FM-10.  It works the same way and I think it's really a dumb
cost-saving idea.  I mean, whats a few pennies for a simple timer
circuit? Geez.  Although I will say that in the few occasions when I've
used mine, I have been able to sometimes adjust the shutter speed with
my thumb while pressing the shutter release with forefinger. Still is a
pain though.

George