[OM] OM40/PC lock ups

Subject: [OM] OM40/PC lock ups
From: "Stephen Border" <sborder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 13:43:23 +1000
Happy New Year to all on the list.

I must be turning into a real Zuikophile, watched my Databack 4 roll over to
00 on New Years eve :-)

I recently bought a mint looking OM40/PC that looks as if it can't have had
more than a dozen rolls through it. It checked out in store OK but now that
I come to use it I'm finding that it tends to lock up on the first shot of
the day, irrespective of mode. The mirror locks up, shutter stays open and
the camera goes dead, including battery check.

If I unscrew the battery cover the shutter will close and the mirror returns
and the camera will then function normally for the rest of the day. Has
anyone had any similar experiences with this body and is it easily fixable?,
or should I exercise my return privileges?

I've tried a fresh set of 357's but to no avail.

Stephen

PS It's my birthday today and my beautiful wife has bought me a Zuiko 28-48.
That will help cushion the shock of turning 40!.