[OM] i'm back

Subject: [OM] i'm back
From: Joey Richards <bigjoe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 01:58:25 -0500
Hello, all.  After a holiday sojourn, I am happy to return
to the list.  I hope I haven't missed anything too exciting.
Unfortunately, I was not clicking my shutter near the passing
of midnight on 12/31/99 to contribute to ADITL2 (that was the
theme, as I recall), but I look forward to seeing what the
rest of you guys put together.  Hopefully I'll have things in
line for the next one :-)

Since I've been gone, I've spent most of my time in Seattle, WA,
working on some technology for a show with the Flying Karamazov
Brothers, a troupe of jugglers.  If any of you will be in the
Seattle area during Jan, their show is at the ACT theater for most
or all of the month, and I think it will be worth seeing.  Plus,
you can see some of what a fellow lister has been working on :-)
It's a great mix of juggling, music, and comedy -- even if they
dump everything I've contributed to, I think they've got a great
show this time around.

I made use of my Oly gear a little bit while out there -- had one
day off and drove out to Snoqualmie falls and took a few pics.  It
was nice, not far from the city, and quite majestic.  The viewing
area they've put aside (after a 15 minute hike down the hillside)
is terrible -- if you want to see anything worth the trouble, you'll
have to climb the fence and wander closer to the falls.  Despite the
awful winter weather (I was thankful I'd snagged a hotel shower cap
to use as a camera cover to protect my OM-1n from the thick, thick
fog and mist), I got a few nice photos of the falls doing their thing.
If you're in the area and don't have much time to spare, the falls
are a nice, short trip.  If you have the fortune to be in the area
other than in the middle of December, they'd probably be even better.
:-)

Also on the photographic end, I've put up two images that I made in
my photography class this term.  Both self-portraits (as per the
assignment we were given), both a couple of my favorite photos that
I've done.  Not entirely "traditional" photo work (I warn you now, I
had to use photoshop -- though only due to time constraints; the work
could very plausibly have done in a traditional darkroom), but I'm
rather proud of the results.  I would appreciate any thoughts or
criticism you all can provide... check them out at:

http://www.mit.edu/~bigjoe/photos/self/self.html

I ultimately hope to post more of my photos, including a couple of
Snoqualmie shots I mentioned above.  I'll let you know if anything
gets posted...

:-)

joey

(happily enjoying a post-y2k, apocalypse-free world)