Re: [OM] OM 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2000
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas.clausen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:03:29 -0700
On Mon, 03 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> >to reward Olympus for keeping their OM-series alive<<<
> >

> >The OM 2000 is made by Cosina.

Fair enough, I know that. However it's sold with the Olympus brand, which may
indicate some interrest in keeping the OM alive from Olympus (without setting
up their own production line)

> >--Mike
>
> Yes, it is hard to see how the OM2000 represents a forward march by
> Olympus. But though it doesn't take winders and screens, it does mount
> Zuiko lenses and it works well in the cold.  Take your comfort where you
> can I guess.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "Hey, when a manual camera is
released with the Olympus brand and the OM-prefix to the model, then it might
be Olympus trying to probe the market for such devices"....and I would like to
see an OM-5 as much as the next guy on this list. However if Olympus release a
manual camera and their sales are zero, then guess what happens to the
prospects of seeing more manual cameras.....

(That said, I do not just buy things "for a greater course". I was seriously
considering buying a new body, THEN Olympus - or cosina - came with the OM2000
and I thought the above....)

--
Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen