Re: [OM] slides vs. negatives

Subject: Re: [OM] slides vs. negatives
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 20:44:59 -0500
The dye process used in slides might help account for why slides seem to
have such *punch* when viewed.  Part of the sensory process our eyes use
in identifying photons that reach the rods and cones is quantifying how
many as well as qualifying what kind are they.  Slides seem better
matched to the tremendous range in intensity  our eyes are capable of
identifying.

Gregg