Re: [OM] om77 queations

Subject: Re: [OM] om77 queations
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 11:31:30 EST
In a message dated 00-01-04 11:09:46 EST, you, Dirk,  write:

> I was wondering about a feature on the om77 when used with manual focus
>  lenses. I think I read the SIF correctly in that there is a "focus
>  confirm" light that illuminates when the subject is in focus? Can this
>  be relied on in low light situations? I'm trying to come up with some
>  help for focusing in dim light.

To quote the manual, "There is no viewfinder display for in-focus/focus
impossible, shutter speed or aperture when using OM lens."  What you might
try is the OM-F, which does have a focus confirmation with  Zuikos.  But, it
does tend to get confused and the green light does come on at times when it
really isn't in focus.  To return to the subject of the OM-77, my holiday
pics with the OM77 came out great.  I picked up two (ahem, cough) Sigma AF
lens off of eBay for a song (28-70 and 70-200).  This might be the best bet
using AF lens for family photos. And in a pinch they will take regular Zuikos.

Warren

Warren