Re: [OM] Lens recomendation for soccer mom with OM-1 body

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens recomendation for soccer mom with OM-1 body
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 15:15:50 -0800
======Olympus guy is in favor of the 28-210mm Vivitar and sells it for $175
he
raves about this lens and offers a money back guarantee. I recently asked if
anyone had any experience with the lens with no response so maybe now we
will get some feedback.
Lou=========

The photographers in my circle who shoot soccer and other sports for
high school yearbooks use a 28 - 210 Sigma.
It does what is needed for the results expected.
They use auto focus but it is not the only way.  Pre focus.
400 speed hand held for daylight + 1 stop for faces.
800 or 1600 for field lights at night +1 stop for faces.
All from the sidelines, corners and behind the goal.
I got the idea that "soccer mom" was more interested in getting the shot
than making the cover of Sports Illustrated.
If she gets a good sample of a decent brand she may never change lenses
again.

CL