[OM] OM-4T - Flash Sync

Subject: [OM] OM-4T - Flash Sync
From: "Kinkead, Frank W" <frank.w.kinkead@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 19:45:34 -0600
>From John in yesterday's OM Digest:

>The OM-4 and OM-4Ti are almost the same.  The OM-4Ti has:
>(1) Titanium top and bottom body caps.  It is a little stronger and lighter
>than the OM-4 brass body caps.
>(2) FP flash sync at all shutter speeds with the Olympus F-280 flash unit.
>The OM-4 can use the F-280 only at 1/60th (X-sync, TTL Auto).  The OM-4
>does not have FP-sync.
>(3) A small number of OM-4 bodies drain batteries too fast.  The OM-4Ti
>electronics fixed this problem.  An OM-4 with battery drain problems can be
>repaired with OM-4Ti electronics.  This problem is only in some OM-4
>bodies, not all of them.
>
>All other features of the OM-4 and OM-4Ti are the same.
>
>-- John

I currently have two OM-4 bodies and a bunch of Zuiko lenses; I don't want
to change systems but I'm gaining in frustration with people photography as
I do  not have any fill flash option (flash in daylight conditions where
various shadows affect the subject).  Does the OM-4T with the 280 flash
effectively solve this problem ?

Please respond offline as I only rec've the OM digest and can't always find
specific responses.

Chip Kinkead
St. Louis, MO