RE: [OM] Lens recomendation for soccer mom with OM-1 body

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens recomendation for soccer mom with OM-1 body
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:14:03 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 8:40 PM

> >Second suggestion: Get her an IS-3. $300-$400 used, $500-600 new.
> >Fantastic camera, 35-180 *power* zoom, AF etc.  She will love it and
> you
> >can get the OM-1 back. You can add a converter on the end wich takes
> it
> >to 300mm if 180 is too short. Another $100 or so.  My wife loves hers
> >and takes great photos with it.
> >

> olympus guy! has an IS3DLX new for 469$.
>
> Be seeing you.
>

> Dirk Wright

Yes, I thought the prices that george quoted were rather high. From what
I've seen in Pop Photo I'd say $250-350 for used iS-3's, and $400-500 for
new one's on mail order in the US. Another alternative is the smaller iS-30
which is rather new in design and has predictive AF that helps keeping fast
moving subjects like racing cars in focus, but lacks the continuous 2
frames/sec drive and the 5X zoom range of the iS-3 (has a 4X 28-110 zoom
instead). There are optional tele converters which takes it up to 210 mm
though without any significant loss of lens speed. More info can be found in
The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File at
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm

Per Nordenberg

--
"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department,"