RE: [OM] ES-10 film scanner

Subject: RE: [OM] ES-10 film scanner
From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:15:00 -0500
Steve:  I purchased the ES-10 a couple months back and returned it.  I was
very disappointed with the scanned results.  Though for the most part, my
color negatives and slides would scan fairly well.  Scanned negs/slides that
were extremely contrasty or high key would not produce the same image as
seen in my normally developed and printed image.  I found the histogram tool
lacking.  Some on this group were critical of the software/firmware Olympus
uses in the ES-10.

Bear in mind I'm not a professional, strictly an amateur.  My expertise in
manipulating the scanned image increases through trial and error.  For my
purposes, I chose the Nikon Coolscan III (LS-30).  It certainly isn't the
best scanner on the market and can't compare to some of the high end units
used by our more learned members of this group.  But it has superior
features that allow me to manipulate the scanned image way beyond the ES-10
ever could.

Ron S.

caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.mscollectibles.com