Re: [OM] Lens Collars and tripods was Lens recommendation for soccer mom

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Collars and tripods was Lens recommendation for soccer mom with OM-1 body
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 23:34:02 -0500
Yes, tripods increase steadiness.  But watch out at a soccer match!
Action can be fast and furious, and the ball can travel long distances
through the air.  This can be bad on the health if you are concentrating
on the action through the viewfinder.

It seems a monopod is a good compromise if standing near the sideline as
it is easy to quickly pick up and move out of the way.

Gregg