Re: [OM] Off-brand zooms for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Off-brand zooms for OM
From: "Robert E. Woodburn" <woodburn@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 23:14:34 +0000
Thanks, John, for responding.

No, as I understand it, it was originally made with an OM mount by Zeiss
at the factory.

I have also heard of a similar (maybe the same) Zeiss zoom, but with a
Nikon mount. (It may have been purchased outside the U.S.) And I have
read that some Zeiss lenses are made in Japan (probably the ones for
Yashica/Contax?). Was this perhaps done byto test the market for lenses
in various mounts (a la Sigma, Tokina etc.)?