Re: [OM] Found Olympus Cold weather Battery Device - Up For Grabs

Subject: Re: [OM] Found Olympus Cold weather Battery Device - Up For Grabs
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 09:24:31 +0100
On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 13:46:21 -0800, Phillip Franklin
<pfranklin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm assuming you are referring to the M.6V Power Pack 1.  Basically it
>is a cool looking 4AA battery holder with long cord.  The idea is the
>batteries can be stored in a warm place so that you can operate a winder
>in extreme cold.  What I would like to find would be an AC Adapter 3.
>Does any one have one of these they might be interested in selling or
>trading?  I actually have a 6V Power Pack 2. It holds 4 D cells in a
>snazzy OM black leather-looking case. I was using it only for the
>modeling light in the Ring Flash 10.  I have two AC Adapter 2's but
>could use another one.  Sometimes I set up three T-32's for studio table
>top work.  So again I might be willing to trade something for one of
>these.
>
>Phillip Franklin

Phillip,

I am afraid I cannot help you with an AC adapter 3 (I owe only one
which I definitly want to keep).
But since I use the same setup of multiple flashes like you do, I
would like to point you to yet another solution for powering them. You
can also use the Quantum Battery 1 (or 1+) to power two T-32's.

The 6 volt output can also be fed to the modeling lights of the macro
flashes. So with one QB 1 and two cables I power the T Power Control
and the modeling lights. In particular useful when going outdoors.
I even made a special cable, with a twin set of plugs on the flashgun
end and the regular RCA plug on the battery pack end. So I can power
my twin T-28 modeling lights and the Power Control all from one
source.

Good luck,

Frank.

Frank van Lindert