[OM] XA

Subject: [OM] XA
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 03:25:16 -0800 (PST)
===================
> vignetting with the XA is barely perceptible at f/5.6, and won't be a
> problem at smaller apertures.  the rangefinder is not very accurate,
> and the lens has a 4-blade, square aperture.  they work ok.

Hm.. I sold mine for vignetting that existed at any aperture - including
f8/f11. In this respect I am much more happy with Minox GT and

There must be substantial variation in the quality of the XA across
different instances, as the one I have definitely had pretty even
illumination when well stopped down, and I know of another person who
owns one with similar performance characteristics.

My tests for vignetting are to shoot an evenly illuminated white wall
with slide film at every aperture, and look at the results.  the test
slides I have are quite evenly exposed for the f/11 and f/8 apertures.

Joseph