Re: [OM] Wondering why...

Subject: Re: [OM] Wondering why...
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 10:27:52 EST

> That would be a very good reason.  The diaphragm linkage, which allows
>  the camera body's metering system to determine the extent to which the
>  lens will be stopped down for exposure, has a circular motion.  The
>  shift is a linear motion.  To get an auto diaphragm to work in a shift
>  lens, some mechanism would have to be devised which would give a
>  circular motion compensated with a linear motion - and my brain hurts
>  just trying to think about it!

I think Canon would have the best shot at doing this because of their
electronic diaphragm and aperture info system.  They could have done it with
wires but chose not to.  I think that they do have some type of device to
reverse a lens on a body with full electronic connections. Maybe their brains
were hurting also.

Warren