OT NG2000 technique was Re: [OM] Koko and the OM2 picture

Subject: OT NG2000 technique was Re: [OM] Koko and the OM2 picture
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:11:28 -0800 (PST)
<sorry this is old--just now found the elusive copy in the guest bedroom
(how did it get there?!)>

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, John Hudson wrote:

:Talking about the National Geographic I opened my January 2000 issue at
:pages 122 / 123  and wondered what technique was used to capture the
:submerged sting ray, the yacht's upper rigging, and the clouds all in
:perfect focus. In my opinion this is one of the most outstanding photos I
:have seen in the NG for many years.

Agree, although I'd have to take the "North Woods Journal" article IMO for
best photos accompanying an article (which is completely
subjective/personal in terms of choice).
On a side, there looks to be movement of the yatchs (the one in left
frame, perhaps vertically, and the one right edge, rolling?). But if the
left boat indeed moved during exposure (blurred body indicates so), why
are the masts perfectly sharp? Also, just me or the corners of the drames
appear darker (vignetting from wide angle lens+filter?)?
I'll email _NG_ and ask them :)

:[The one on 118 / 119 is perhaps the most gawdy to have graced NP for a
long long time!]

Got that right UGH...and ten virtual Zuikos to anyone who an ID all the
cars parked ;) (from near to far: Accord, Concorde, Lumina, Corolla, MPV)

/AV
--
email access may be spotty as Student is upgraded/debugged over holidays;
webpage under re-organization;