Re: [OM] rangefinders

Subject: Re: [OM] rangefinders
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 19:10:50 +0000
>Contax T:
>The original Contax compact, sort of a cross between a Minox 35 and
>an XA, but with the 38mm Sonnar that the T2 inherited. Not many made
>and I've never even seen one. But nice if you could find/afford one, I
>expect.

My brother has one of these and brags about its ruby shutter release
button.  Seriously, as he also has a Rollei 35S his remarks to me were that
it opens like a Minox, but is much sturdier compared to one.  In operation
and in photo quality, it's like an AE-only version of his Rollei 35S with a
rangefinder spot in the viewfinder.  Not surprising, since both have
essentially the same CZ Sonnar lens.  Very nice, if you can even find one!
I scoured around for a while just to see what the average value was, but
only found two over about a six month period.  Both were pretty salty too!
Must be the ruby button.  He got his for a song because the store that had
it was very small and didn't realize what they could really sell it for.

-- John