Re: [OM] XA

Subject: Re: [OM] XA
From: Emil Pozar <emil.pozar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 10:30:48 +0100
Joseph wrote:

> There must be substantial variation in the quality of the XA across
> different instances, as the one I have definitely had pretty even
> illumination when well stopped down, and I know of another person who
> owns one with similar performance characteristics.

I guess I was not satisfied with that "pretty even coverage". I expected
a performance from the XA comparable to my SLR camera lenses.

> My tests for vignetting are to shoot an evenly illuminated white wall
> with slide film at every aperture, and look at the results.  the test
> slides I have are quite evenly exposed for the f/11 and f/8 apertures.

I remember I cannot shoot a scenic without that "tunnel" look - at any
aperture. I finally sold it for good.

BTW, that lens is also very soft at the edges and distortion control is
very good.

--
Regards,

Emil Pozar