Re: [OM] 1-4N focussing screen?

Subject: Re: [OM] 1-4N focussing screen?
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 14:07:21 -0600
I have both the 1-4 (non-N) and 2-4 focus screens along with an entire
harem of other focus screens.  For just a little bit I had put a 1-13 back
into my OM-1 as I almost had the camera sold, but decided to keep it a
little longer.  When changing back to the 1-4 screen I noticed that the 1-4
had a different brightness and "grain" structure than the other 1-series
screens.  Being that I was sick that night I do not remember which was
brighter or tighter, but I do find that the 1-4 screen is the easiest for
me to focus with of all the 1-series screens.  It also has the most
accurate bokah as compared to the final picture too.  I think the 1-4 had
the courser grain.

I absolutely love the 2-4 screen in my OM-2S, and except for the difficulty
in translating the bokah in macro work, it is very easy to focus and study
your subjects in dim lighting.  The 2-4 screen is gobs (much) better than
Canon's standard screens in wedding work--that's for sure.

Ken (how can we have a January thaw if we haven't had our freeze yet?) Norton

Go "AmericaOne"!!!!!!!!!