[OM] RE: National Geographic, January 2000

Subject: [OM] RE: National Geographic, January 2000
From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 23:21:12 -0000
Acer wrote:
<snip>
On a side, there looks to be movement of the yatchs (the one in left
frame, perhaps vertically, and the one right edge, rolling?). But if the
left boat indeed moved during exposure (blurred body indicates so), why
are the masts perfectly sharp? Also, just me or the corners of the drames
appear darker (vignetting from wide angle lens+filter?)?
<snip>

    My guesses are:

    1) it's water blur; seems unlikely, but water is funny stuff, especially
in the ocean.
    2) the device being used to capture both scenes has a top half and a
bottom half, a bit like those filters that keep foreground and background in
focus. You always get a bit of time-warp at the interface between the two
lenses.

As an aside, has anyone from outside the US ever sent an OM body to Camtech?
I am seriously considering this as an option for my beloved OM1n.

Donald.