Re: [OM] OM-2 occasionally shoots blanks

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 occasionally shoots blanks
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:09:25 EST
jtlum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< My original camera a OM-2 has develpoed a problem; once in awhile I
advance the film one full stroke and it isnt enough to cock the shutter >>

John,

          If this happend under  low light conditions or with flash it may be
that the exposure has not finished and the second curtain of the shutter has
not closed yet. Under these conditions it is quite possible to keep on
winding on until finally the exposure ends. On the OM2 it is particularly
likely when using flash since it keeps on timing if the flash was
insufficient unlike the 2N which limits the time if flash was inadequate.

Hope this helps.

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx