[OM] Olympus ES-10 Scanner Support

Subject: [OM] Olympus ES-10 Scanner Support
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:24:54 -0600
All,

Below is a reply I received from Olympus as to their intended support of
current and future operating systems for their ES-10 scanner.  Read into it
what you will.

Dear Dave:

Thank you for contacting Olympus Digital Technical Support in the United
States.

Olympus apologizes for not responding to your inquiry in a timely
manner, but unfortunately there has been a delay in our normal response
time.  We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope that you will
continue to support Olympus products in the future.

The scanner software for the European and Japanese versions of the ES-10
scananers is posted on those websites for those scanners.  The ES-10
scanners meant for sale in the United States are shipped with the
software.

You will need to contact us at 1-888-553-4448 Monday through Friday from
9am to 9pm eastern to arrange to obtain software copies.

Unfortunately, there are no WindowsNT4.0 drivers planned for your
device.  Also, there has been no information released yet on drivers or
software for the Windows2000 or Windows Millenium platforms because they
are still in beta; such information will be posted on our websites when
ready after each of these operating systems are post-beta.  Windows2000
is scheduled for release to the public in February 2000.